Dr. Viamonte Ros’ family fled Cuba in 1960. Having grown up in a family of refugees, she understands the struggles of many Floridians to achieve a higher quality of life.
These agencies can assist with advocating for the rights of older
persons and persons with disabilities, explaining public policy and
proposed legislation, or teaching persons with disabilities self advocacy skills.
The Division of Aging and Adult Services (AAS) will efficiently and effectively provide human services in support of independent living, self-sufficiency, safety and dignity goals. These goals are on behalf of adults age 18 and over who have disabilities or functional impairments or are otherwise at risk. As a Division, we act upon Colorado Department of Human Service’s vision to be the nation’s leader in helping individuals, families and communities to be safe and independent.
The Genetically Handicapped Persons Program (GHPP) is a health care program for adults with certain genetic diseases. The GHPP helps people who are on GHPP with their health care needs. The GHPP works with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and other members of the health care team in providing many types of health services.
Arizonans age 65 and older are a rapidly growing segment of our population. The aging of our society is going to have great influence on our way of life, affecting all aspects of society, especially healthcare systems, the economy & government programs. There are reasons to be optimistic about the aging of our population.
After years of health promotion targeting individuals, the public health community has learned that the environment in which a person lives and works plays a role in health behavior. The New York State Cardiovascular Health Plan is grounded in this new understanding; that is, in giving attention not only to the behavior of individuals but also to the environments in which they live.
• Enhance and provide effective programs and services that target adults age 50
• Focus on the prevention, management, and control of diabetes and the promotion of
• Focus on increasing educational outreach and awareness to at-risk populations.
• Provide culturally sensitive and community-based services.
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- Logic Gates on A Fresh Look at Brain-Based Education
- Trevor Poffenroth on Neuroticism, Extraversion, and Mortality in a Defined Population of Older Persons
- rmallen on On becoming a ‘senior citizen’ . . .
- Kristian Boule on AEP hike outlined at hearing – Utility rate hike.
- Office 2007 Key on AEP hike outlined at hearing – Utility rate hike.